The pre-construction phase of any building project is arguably the most important. If you are planning a commercial building project, here is what you can expect during pre-construction:
- Scope of the Project – The scope of the project is simply identifying what you are trying to achieve. Whether it’s new construction or a renovation, the finished product is what you want to identify during this phase.
- Project Details – Design plans are another aspect of pre-construction. This helps create the step-by-step process in which the construction will be completed.
- Budget – Aligned closely with the scope and project details is the budget. Without this, you won’t be able to get started! It is also important to know during pre-construction where you should spend and where you might save money during the project.
- Team – Another important aspect of pre-construction is determining the team of people who will complete the work. This includes your general contractor and any subcontractors who need to be involved as the project progresses.
- Materials – Did you know having an idea of lead time on project materials can be an important factor in staying on schedule? Planning ahead for materials will ensure that your team members can do their job quickly and efficiently if you are working on a dedicated timeline.
- Permits & Inspections – During pre-construction, you’ll also want to make sure to have all of the necessary permits and inspections to ensure that your commercial space is outfitted correctly and safe for occupancy. Your general contractor can help you with this step.
- Communication – The best way to ensure the success of any project is to develop a communication plan with your team. Doing this during pre-construction will give everyone confidence that they are starting off on the right foot.
Do you have a commercial building construction project in the works? Contact us at Magnolia Construction LLC to see how we can assist you at every stage.